- Professional Associations
A life-long resident of Northern Virginia, Mr. Schy attended the College of William and Mary, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in Government, with Honors. Mr. Schy received his juris doctorate from the University of Richmond’s T.C. Williams School of Law.
Prior to joining ShounBach, Mr. Schy was a partner at Richmond|Schy, PLLC. He served as the Chair of the Family Law Practice Group, Pro Bono Coordinator, and Domestic Violence Staff Attorney during his time with Legal Services of Northern Virginia, a 30-attorney, non-profit law firm dedicated to providing free legal assistance to the indigent, elderly and disabled. At LSNV, Mr. Schy focused on cases involving domestic violence and helped create the Attorney of the Day Program, a project responsible for providing free attorneys to more than 200 victims of domestic violence each year.
In addition to his membership in the Virginia State Bar, the Fairfax Bar Association, and the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association. Mr. Schy participates in Fairfax County’s Domestic Violence Network, is on the Advisory Board for Safe Havens Supervised Visitation/Exchange Program, and speaks to residents of Artemis House, Fairfax County’s shelter for families affected by domestic violence.
- College of William and Mary, Government, cum laude
- University of Richmonds T.C. Williams School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Listed in “Super Lawyers®” as one of the Top Rated Family Law Attorneys in Fairfax, VA
Memberships & Admissions
- Virginia State Bar
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fairfax County’s Domestic Violence Network
- Advisory Board for Safe Havens Supervised Visitation/Exchange Program