The Bar Council is a group of elected attorneys that run the Virginia State Bar and handle matters such as lawyer discipline, rule drafting and preparing legal ethics opinions. Election ballots will be emailed to attorneys on April 9.
The firm believes that Hayden would make a great addition to the Bar Council. Hayden has the energy, experience and intelligence to make a positive contribution to the Bar Council.
If you are an attorney located in the 19th Judicial Circuit, please consider voting for Hayden Lee for Bar Council.
- Admitted to the Virginia State Bar October 2007; also admitted to D.C. and U.S. Supreme Court bars
- Focuses his practice on all aspects of domestic relations law
- Former Virginia Circuit Court judicial law clerk
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- 2018 Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Broad experience serving on boards and committees of large legal organization boards makes him a good fit for Bar Council:
- Member, VTLA (Virginia Trial Lawyers Association) Board of Governors
- Immediate Past Chair, VTLA Young Trial Lawyer’s Section (YTL)
- Helped organize four-week “Boot Camp” educating young trial lawyers about best practices, civility and ethical law practice
- Former Treasurer, Secretary and Chair-Elect of VTLA YTL
- Former Board Member, Collaborative Professionals of Northern Virginia
- Helped revamp CPNV online presence and outreach to public focusing on less adversarial Collaborative divorce process
- Former Board Member (Secretary), DC Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Former Member, American Inns of Court, Project Pegasus Committee
- Helped plan month-long immersion program for British barristers visiting United States and learning about U.S. legal system
- Committed to legal education – especially younger members of the bar – and has presented numerous CLEs on discovery and trial practice, as well as legal ethics in divorce cases, including at the VSB’s “First Day in Practice” CLE
- Helped support access to justice by undertaking court appointed and pro bono representation throughout his career, as well as hosting and participating VSB annual “Law Day” telephone legal clinics