Thomas M. VelardeAttorney
In 2015 Mr. Velarde was awarded the Service Provider of Excellence award from the Fairfax County Domestic Violence Community for his trial work with children subjected to domestic violence. Mr. Velarde enjoys the courtroom and has been asked by his peers to teach CLEs on the Rules of Evidence, Protective Orders, and issues related to the testimony of children in court.
Mr. Velarde grew up in Northern Virginia and attended Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology and received his Bachelor of Arts in History and Philosophy from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Mr. Velarde then received his juris doctorate from George Mason University School of Law and completed a specialization track in litigation.
Mr. Velarde is a member of the Virginia State Bar and the Fairfax Bar Association. He previously served as the Co-Chair of the Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court of Fairfax County Committee.
- Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology
- University of Wisconson-Madison - History and Philosophy
- George Mason University School of Law, Juris Doctor
Memberships & Admissions
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court of Fairfax County Committee