Albert M. Bonin
Northern Virginia Divorce Attorney
When you need an experienced and committed family law professional, you
can turn to attorney Al Bonin for professional, compassionate and effective
counsel and representation. For over three decades, Mr. Bonin has been
practicing family law and handling difficult cases on behalf of all types
of clients. No case is too complex for Mr. Bonin to take on, and he frequently
takes cases involving property, custody, parenting time, support and matters
across state and international borders.
When you choose to work with Mr. Bonin you are not just receiving the benefit
of a highly skilled litigator, you are also enlisting the help of a problem
solver who is well known for his ability to resolve conflicts. Mr. Bonin
works through negotiation, mediation and the collaborative process to
help clients achieve their goals for their family and their future.
For over two decades, Mr. Bonin has been included in the treatise,
The Best Lawyers in America ®, and he is listed as one of the
Metropolitan D.C.'s best family law attorneys every year in
The Washington Post Magazine and in
Super Lawyers®. For years he has received the highest attorney "AV" rating
from Martindale-Hubbell, a leading site rating legal professionals. He
is also proud to have served as President of the Fairfax Law Foundation.
He is also listed as one of the Top Lawyers in
Northern Virginia Magazine for child custody matters.
Additionally, Mr. Bonin has been chosen as one of the Ten Leaders in Matrimonial
and Divorce Law in Northern Virginia since 2007. ShounBach has had more
Ten Leader's than any law firm in the nation.
SET APART FROM THE REST
Part of what distinguishes Mr. Bonin and the law firm from other firms
is that each attorney limits the number of cases they accept. Mr. Bonin
understands that an attorney may have many clients, but a client only
has one attorney. Therefore, he only takes on a few cases at a time in
order to provide a level of service that exceeds the client's expectations.
Aside from the honors mentioned above, Mr. Bonin has held several positions
in local, state and national organizations. He is a Past Chair of the
Fairfax Bar Association Circuit Court Committee, Mr. Bonin received the
"Chair Award" for outstanding service. He is a past President
of the Fairfax Law Foundation, lifetime member of the Colorado Bar Foundation,
and a past President of the Virginia Association of Collaborative Professionals.
Mr. Bonin is also proud to be a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial
Lawyers, and he served as a chapter President of this prestigious organization.
Additionally, he is also a Fellow of the International Academy of Collaborative
Professionals and International Academy of Family Lawyers.
Mr. Bonin is licensed to practice in Virginia, Colorado and D.C. In Colorado
he was the recipient of the Outstanding Professional of the Year Award
on two occasions.
He served as the chair of the Colorado Supreme Court Ethics Committee.
He was listed by
5280 magazine as one of Denver's top lawyers. He was coauthor of the two-volume
Domestic Relations Forms and Practice, by Lexis Law Publications. Mr. Bonin has had the unique privilege of
lecturing nationally and internationally on all aspects of family law.
Mr. Bonin is a member of the Virginia, Fairfax, Prince William, District
of Columbia and Colorado Bar Associations, as well as the Collaborative
Professionals of Northern Virginia.
Organizations & Recognition
- Past President Fairfax Law Foundation 2013-2014
- Past President, Virginia Collaborative Professionals 2013
- Chair, Fairfax Circuit Court Committee 2011-2012; Recipient of Chair Award 2011.
- Member American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and Former Chapter President.
Member International Academy of Family Lawyers, Speaker at the 25th Annual Conference, Harrogate, England.
- Listed for over 20 years in "Best Lawyers in America ®."
- Listed in "Northern Virginia Magazine," "Washington Post
Magazine" and "Super Lawyers®" as one of the DC Metro Areas
top family lawyers.
- Listed in "Ten Leaders in Matrimonial Law." ShounBach has more
attorneys listed than any law firm in the nation.
- Member, Northern Virginia Collaborative Professionals & International
Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
- Former Board Member, Family Law Section, Virginia Bar Association.
- Member Society of Fellows, Fairfax Law Foundation.
- Lifetime Achievement Award and Professional of the Year Award, 1997 & 2001.
- Formerly listed in "5280" Magazine as one of Denver's Top Lawyers.
- Former Co-author, Colorado Domestic Law Practice two volume set; Lexis
- Former President, Family Law Section, Colorado Bar Association.
- Former President, Interdisciplinary Committee on Child Custody.
- Founder and Former Director, National Center for Legal Education.
- Past Chair, Supreme Court Committee on Advocacy and Ethical Issues in Family Law.
- Lifetime Member, Colorado Bar Foundation.
- Previously served as a Mediator and Settlement Master.
- Lecturer, Nationally and Internationally, on all aspects of family law.
- Instrumental in drafting and passing legislation in Colorado that has become
law on Issues such as Removal, Spousal Support, Elimination of the Term
"Custody" and "Visitation" and Custody Evaluations.